Search the website

Home insurance

On this page

What is home insurance?

Home insurance provides financial protection to you in the event of something happening to your property and/or belongings. 

Depending on your policy you might be covered for theft, fire, flood, loss, accidental damage and more.

There are two types of home insurance:

  • Buildings Insurance

  • Contents Insurance

How you can get contents insurance

We offer all our customer, tenants and leaseholders, a chance to insure their contents and personal possessions in an easy and affordable way through the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme.

My Home could provide peace of mind, knowing that your home contents and belongings are covered from fire, theft, storm, burst pipes, flood and other risks.

You can find out more and apply for My Home Contents Insurance by visiting My Home Website (this link will open in a new window), or alternatively by calling My Home on 0345 450 7288.