Search the website

Our Local Areas - Angus

On this page

We have more than 50 general needs homes in Arbroath.

Our local office can be found below:

Rent a home

For homes in Arbroath(Angus), apply to Angus Council directly (link opens in new window).

Swap your home

Mutual exchange is often the best way to obtain the house you want in your chosen area. Existing tenants may be able to exchange with another public sector tenant in certain areas.

To find someone to swap homes with:

Register with Home Swapper (new window). The free HomeSwapper service helps you arrange a mutual exchange with thousands of tenants across Scotland.

Council Tax, Benefits and Universal Credit

Visit the Angus Council website if you wish to:

  • Pay your Council Tax, view your band or apply for a reduction or exemption
  • Apply for Housing Benefit or report a change in circumstances

The UK Government webpages contain information on Benefits and Universal Credit.

Rubbish and Recycling

Angus Council runs a bulk refuse collection service for household items too big for your bin.

Things too bulky or awkward for normal collection can also be taken to your nearest public refuse site.

Please visit the Angus Council website for more information.

Social Care and Health

Welfare Rights advice

Contact your local Sanctuary office or call 0800 131 3348 to speak to your Welfare Rights Officer for benefit related advice, including making a claim or disputing a decision.

Alternatively, visit the Citizens Advice Scotland (CAS) website, which lists details of your nearest CAB office.