Search the website

Change of name

On this page

Why change your name?

We understand there are lots of reasons someone may change their name or be known by a different name.

However, as a Tenancy Agreement is a legal document, we can only agree a name change request if you have changed your name by marriage, civil partnership, deed poll, or if you have divorced.

How do I change my name?

  1. If you wish to request a name change, please complete our name change form below.

  2. You will need to ensure you have completed the relevant legal process to change you name before you contact us. We are only able to change your name if you have the legal documentation to support this.

  3. It may be a marriage / civil partnership certificate or certificate from deed poll. A divorce does not legally change your name, so we can only agree a change to your previous name if you have the Decree Absolute and marriage certificate.

  4. Once you have done this, you can use the below contact form to request a name change. We will ask you to upload all of the relevant documentation to support your application.

What will we do?

  1. We will review your request once we receive it to make sure that we have all the relevant information and evidence we need to make a change to your name

  2. We will make the changes needed on our systems and record the evidence that you have shared with us. If we have any questions, or need further information, we will contact you about this.

  3. We will write to you to confirm the outcome of your request, explaining our reason if we are unable to change your name.

Request a change of name